Friday, October 29, 2010

Catchin up to do!!



Oh my what catching up I have to do!! Thanks Cassie for kicking my butt! Well I see that my last "post" was that Kaylee is crawling! Yes, she is in full speed crawling mode. She can also cruise around the living room holding on to furniture. She likes to give Jayson and I mini-strokes by standing up then letting go for a few seconds at a time. Some how we've avoided major head injury with all the crawling that she does on the tile floor.

So I guess a good updating point would be her 9 month check up...you know now that she'll be 10 months old next week...but any who, she has grown 9 1/2 inches in her 9 months which puts her at the size of an average 14 month old in both the height and weight categories. Though she's been 'teething' for what seems like forever, she still has no teeth. But trust me that doesn't stop her from trying any new food that gets close enough to her face. I'm not sure how many babies LOVE fish...but Kaylee loves it! So keep some fingers crossed that she gets her pearly whites soon!

Other 'party tricks' that she does is blow kisses, wave, put her hand up to her ear to say hello (like she's on the phone), shakes her head yes when you say no...yep she can argue already and she can't even talk yet! We've gotten an occasional mama/dada but I think we still have to wait for the official first word. It's so much fun watching her discover everything. It makes you stop and look at things you would normally see but not notice. An example would be that she loves to watch the trees move in the wind. I think she finds it relaxing.

Jayson and I are good as well. We've been busy with work and Kaylee and of course house stuff. My birthday was yesterday..I'm 29 now..no really...29...the year that no one will believe me! We had Mom, Dad, Nicole and Grandpa over. Chris, Tyler and Jay were sick :( I hope everyone is feeling better very soon!

We tagged our Christmas tree the other day! We went with friends Cassie and Ben on what I'm hoping to be the start of an annual tree hunt. Most of the ones that we liked best had been tagged by other people.......but we managed to find a couple good trees. I brought home a couple of souvenirs in the form of 2-ticks. EWW...one had attached and one was still roaming free...both met the same fate. Luckily the one that attached was not a deer tick, the one that was roaming was.

Well, I should wrap this up. Kaylee is napping so I should go do something productive...hahahaaha.. I promise to update more often. Especially now that I've stopped posting on Facebook... I'll stick a picture of Kaylee in for today! Trick or treat is this weekend and she's going as a winnie the pooh pumpkin, so I'll be sure to post the cute pictures!




Until the next post...be happy!

1 comment:

  1. Yah! happy check up! welcome back! I have a feeling that my facebooking is going to drop off especially now that it's toy bank season ;-)

    ReplyDelete